Your Cart is Currently Empty
Business cards are cumbersome to transport.
You never know how many cards to bring to a conference or a work-related function. And then there's that awkward moment in the middle of a handshake when you discover you've run out of business cards. Despite the hype, business cards are still a useful tool for exchanging contact details. But, can we achieve this without the need of tangible business cards?
The way we communicate with one another is rapidly changing. Perhaps the extremely contagious coronavirus pandemic hastened this, but a growing reliance on technology as a means of interacting with our peers seemed unavoidable.
Remote employment, online networking, and virtual events became regular practice as a result of the push for remote-everything in 2020. As a result, there was an immediate need for a virtual method of exchanging personal details.
A digital business card is a means to transmit contact info online. Digital business cards may be created on any smart device, although they are frequently more expensive than paper versions. Electronic business cards, like traditional business cards, may be modified, designed, and shared with a single click.
In addition to your usual contact details (such as your name, company, email address, and phone number), you may personalize your card with a photo or video, a logo, social media profiles.
Why Should You Use a Digital Business Card?
- Tap Into The Latest Trends: In this digital age, the traditional firm with no internet presence or availability is long dead and forgotten. Similarly, by not going digital with your business cards, you miss out on previously untapped markets where your company would face less competition.
- Unlimited Space: You have unlimited storage space in your file, so you can add as much stuff as you like.
- Conversion: You can maximize your conversions and track how many new clients you have found by using a range of engagement tools (videos, survey links, subscription forms, and so on).
- More information about the company: E-cards are similar to a mini-website for your company. Because they provide endless space, you can increase the information about your firm in many ways.
- There are no apps required: Your receivers will not need to download or install any apps to view your card.
The Top 10 Apps for Creating Digital Business Cards
Though some of these applications are free to use, the majority of them require a membership plan.
- L-Card Pro
Hack 1: Create and Use a Digital Business Card (Step-by-Step)
Create a digital business card using clever web services and mobile apps. We've done a quick roundup of the finest Windows, iOS, and Android apps for this purpose.
- CamCard. CamCard allows you to give tasks to team members and manage their access permissions. You can also utilize a CRM integration to track your employees' and clients' interactions.
- Inigo. As a professional, use the Inigo back office to manage your digital design. Create projects for various tasks, share cards with your team, transmit data to CRM, manipulate statistics, and much more.
- Haystack. This platform is used by well-known companies such as Vodafone. Haystack allows you to design one-of-a-kind business cards for each member of your team. Select a template and populate it with information for each employee. Optimize your promotion plan by utilizing the built-in data.
Apps 5 Easy Steps
The step in creating an e-card is heavily influenced by the software or platform you use. Some platforms provide subscribers with free educational videos. Whatever the case may be, here is a step-by-step tutorial for creating a digital business card for iPhone or Android phones.
- Step 1: The first step is to brainstorm concepts for business cards. You may get an idea of what your card should look like by looking at existing business
- Step 2: Draw your concept on paper and decide on the size and structure of your design. Experiment with different color palettes to create something unique.
- Step 3: Signup and download your design program to your phone, then follow the diagram in step 3 and let your imagination run wild.
- Step 4: Add videos, your company's logo, phone numbers, and social media handles.
- Step 5: Modify your design and send as many copies to your clients as your platform allows.
- L-Card is a popular tool for creating electronic business cards. Choose from a variety of ready-to-use layouts or use your own customized background. You may add your card to your email signature, customize QR codes, and send notifications to contacts with a single click.
- Switchit is an intuitive service with a set of excellent features. Take advantage of professional templates, customize your design, add social media links, photos, videos, and more
Hack 2: Convert All Your Regular Business Cards Into Digital Format
We're sure you've amassed quite a collection of paper business cards over the years! These tools will assist you in converting business cards to digital forms and editing details with a single click.
- ScanBizCards is a simple scanner that supports 21 different languages. You can scan the image using OCR or manually if the text is unclear. Information can be delivered to contacts on your smartphone or to the CRM system.
- Business Card Reader can convert text into 25 different languages, add missing information (such as a country code), and fix typos. You can also use Facebook's and LinkedIn's smart search features.
- WorldCard OCR (optical character recognition) technology is used by WorldCard Mobile to convert printed data on a business card into a contact on your smartphone. WorldCard Mobile can help you find people on social media by filtering information in a variety of ways.
- DigiCard allows you to design your own business cards and convert traditional designs to digital formats. You can also quickly import data into Google, Microsoft Outlook, or Microsoft Excel.
Consider your target audience's demands and how to engage with them when deciding between digital and physical business cards. If offline events are an important element of your marketing plan, traditional cards are essential. If, on the other hand, your company is mostly centered online, you should prioritize electronic design.